|Happy New Year 2018 from J.Q. Rose!|
The bright and shiny New Year 2018 looms ahead with opportunities to make a change in our lives. Are you going to try to make a change, continue a helpful new habit you acquired this year, renew old relationships, make new friends, and perhaps write a new story or a novel?
So many things to choose from. Don't overwhelm yourself. Choose something you are confident you can do.
After listening to a speaker on motivation, I realize how confidence plays a huge factor in achieving your goals, resolutions, desires.
Let's say you're determined to lose weight, stop smoking, or write a book this year. Then you must dig deep and be confident you can do it! But where do you get that confidence?
Here are some suggestions to boost your confidence:
- Ask yourself what it would take to achieve your goal, e.g. writing. Write down specific steps to do it, not general steps. Example: I will write for 15 minutes at lunch time every day, not say I'll write every day.
- Tackle each step to achieve your greater goal. Getting started will boost your confidence to do the next step.
- Remember how good you felt when you completed a story, poem, novella, an article. What did you do to make that happen?
- Know that other people have completed a writing project. How did they do it? Use their success as your motivation to do the same.
- Think positive thoughts and surround yourself with those who are positive about you reaching your goal.
- Realize you are not perfect. If you get off track, pick yourself up, and get back on track.
- Do NOT Give Up.
# # # #
Having lectured you on achieving goals, I'm going to be brave and be specific in listing my goals for my writing career in 2018. I hope when I look back on January 1, 2019, I will have achieved them. Wait a minute. I mean I am confident that I achieved them!
My Writing Goals for 2018 by J.Q. Rose
1. Complete my memoir, Looking Through Rose-Colored Glasses (working title)
2. Post FB Live videos on my J.Q. Rose, Author page.
3. Gather 150 more followers who "like" my J.Q. Rose, Author page.
4. Install a landing page on my website to help build an email list.
5. Plan a blog tour and visit my hosts this winter to give away prizes and shout about my latest mystery, Terror on Sunshine Boulevard.
|Terror on Sunshine Boulevard|
Click here to order at these digital stores
There they are in black and white. This makes me more accountable by sharing it with readers. I'm sure I'll be able to mark off these four items from the list as "Done!" by January 1, 2019.
Do you have goals or resolutions for 2018? If you want to share your goals with us in a comment below, please do. Thank you for your support!!
Time is running out to take advantage of Books We Love Publishing's 50% off sale on these eBooks at Smashwords. Sale ends January 1, 2018.
# # # #
If you have read these books or the new release, Terror on Sunshine Boulevard, I'd appreciate a review from you on the site where you purchased the books and/or Goodreads.
Thanks so much for your help in letting readers know about these mysteries.
|Happy and blessed New Year 2018!!|