|IWSG Blog Hop---the first Wednesday of every Month.|
Hello and welcome to the Insecure Writer's Support Group Blog Hop!
Always on the first Wednesday of the month.
What is the Insecure Writer's Support Group?
Founded by author Alex J. Cavanaugh, the Insecure Writer’s Support Group offers support for writers and authors alike. It provides an online database, articles and tips, a monthly blog posting, a Facebook and Instagram group, Twitter, and a monthly newsletter. To find out more, click this link: Insecure Writer’s Support Group
The purpose of the group is
* to share and encourage.
* Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak.
* Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance.
*It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
You're invited to become a member of this supportive group. Click here to sign-up to join.
February 6 question -
While I do love to get lost in writing a great scene or brainstorming characters and their personalities, motives, emotions, I have a few other creative projects I love to play with--Photography and Creating Movies for YouTube
1. Photography is my first love. I'm no pro at using my camera, but I DO love taking pictures with a "real" digital camera. One with an eyepiece and a zoom lens. Composing a fall scene in the lens, catching a goofy shot of my family, memorializing our travels via photo albums or catching that deceptive hummingbird flitting among the red impatiens baskets always give me a thrill. Unlike the good old days of film photography, the best part of picture taking is I can snap as many photos as I want at no expense to me and keep only the best shots.
|Lowther Castle in England|
I must admit the process usually results in frustration for me when I can't put the video together as quickly as I had hoped, but I do enjoy sharing our travels with viewers. I like putting together book trailers for my books too. If you'd like to take a peek at some of my videos, please click here to visit my YouTube site.
3. My latest fun creations, for me anyway, is live streaming via Facebook Live. The first few videos were definitely learning exercises. Bad lighting, sound, stuttering, forgetting to look at the camera. The great thing about FB Live is sharing it on Facebook of course, but also placing it on your YouTube channel so you can share it there and to all your social media outlets.
VIDEO: Writers Groups--8 Tips for Having a Successful, Productive Meeting
Have you dabbled in creating videos? What program(s) do you use in your movie-making? Do you have any tips on making videos? Share your YouTube URL with us so we can visit.
* * *If you want to use free photos without requiring attribution when making your videos,
Click here to visit Pikwizard. It's a new site. Here's what their representative told me--"We have 100,000 completely free images on the site, over 20,000 of those are exclusive to us. We are also adding new images to our library daily and our ultimate goal is to get to more than 1 million images."
Thanks for visiting. Click here to visit more participants in this month's IWSG Blog Hop.
My goal at aged 13 was to be an author and photographer! And I did both.
We do videos at Sci-fi cons, but I haven't attempted more. I should.
I haven't tried to make my own videos. Good luck to you.
I love your creativity, JQ, and I always enjoy your photos and videos on FB. Thanks for the tip about Pikwizard. I'm always looking for new photo sites. I'll check them out!
That's great you were able to do your dream job. Sure, have fun with making videos. Supposedly videos keep viewers interest more than a photo.
I was impressed with their clear, crisp photos, Helena. Thanks for stopping in!
Hey, JQ. You're always so technological "there." LOL You have your own YouTube Channel? Need to pick your brain on this one. I, too, went to Pikwizard and "favorited" it. I usually use my own pics, but sometimes I need something else. Thanks. :)
I've been forced into video under my other hat--educator. It's the direction teaching is going so I am learning. I like how natural you are in your videos.
My kids have had to make videos for high school assignments. I wouldn't know where to being. LOL
I love your creative outlets. Visual and exciting.
As with most creative pursuits, it's all about the joy. :-)
Anna from elements of emaginette
You're so brave to do live videos! I don't think I would be very good at that. :)
I could have written your #1 myself! That's exactly how I feel when I go out with my camera. And, I have been known to set my camera up on a tripod and focus it on my hummingbird feeder. That has resulted in some of my favorite photos ever!
Your extra creative outlets are fascinating. Many people do photography, but not so many create videos on Youtube and elsewhere. Do you make book trailers too? It might be a very useful skill for a writer's promotional struggles.
Love the photo of the castle!
Ronel visiting for Feb's IWSG Day Being an Insecure Writer -- And Happy About It
Post a Comment