|Recipes 'n Reads Series
Guest author Sherry Ellis
Please welcome talented YA author and professional musician, Sherry Ellis, to our Recipes 'n Reads series, scheduled every third Wednesday of the month. Sherry shares one of her favorite recipes and the reason why she chose this particular one. We are also celebrating her new release, Bubba and Squirt’s City of Bones.
One of my favorite things to do in Paris is getting warm crepes from a street vendor’s cart. I love watching them being made. And they’re so delicious! Banana with hazelnut spread is simply the best! Naturally, when I wrote Bubba and Squirt’s City of Bones, I had to give the protagonists, Bubba and Squirt, a similar delectable experience while they visited the City of Light. Here’s the recipe if you would like to try making them at home.
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups milk
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided.
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
- In a blender, blend eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons butter, flour, and salt until smooth, scraping down sides of blender. Transfer the batter to a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate at least one hour or up to overnight to allow flour to absorb liquid.
- Heat a nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Brush bottom of skillet lightly with some remaining butter. With a wire whisk, mix batter to blend well. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the skillet; tilt pan to coat bottom completely with batter. Cook crepe until top is set and underside is lightly browned, about 1 ½ minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, loosen edge of crepe; turn. Cook until the second side has browned, about 30 seconds. Slip crepe onto waxed paper. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing pan lightly with butter before cooking each crepe and stacking them between layers of waxed paper.
- Spread crepes with your choice of fillings: Hazelnut chocolate spread with bananas is good, but you can also try with jam or whipped crème and strawberries.
- Roll and fold crepes so the filling doesn’t fall out.
|Bubba and Squirt's City of Bones
|Author Sherry Ellis
musical activities, she can be found doing household chores, hiking, or exploring the world. Ellis has previously published Bubba and Squirt's Big Dig to China; Bubba and Squirt's Mayan Adventure; Don't Feed the Elephant; Ten Zany Birds; That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN; and That Mama is a Grouch. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information about her work, she invites you to visit her website at www.sherryellis.org.
|The Rose Courier
|The Rose Courier
Click here to receive the Rose Courier
delivered quarterly to your inbox.
However, if I am bursting with news I can't wait to share,
I will send out a Special Edition!
Filled with photos, updates, new book releases and more!
Click here to be notified when a new article is posted on the J.Q. Rose blog.