Happy New Year 2019
from J.Q. Rose
|IWSG Blog Hop---the first Wednesday of every Month.|
Hello and welcome to the Insecure Writer's Support Group Blog Hop!
Always on the first Wednesday of the month.
What is the Insecure Writer's Support Group?
Founded by author Alex J. Cavanaugh, the Insecure Writer’s Support Group offers support for writers and authors alike. It provides an online database, articles and tips, a monthly blog posting, a Facebook and Instagram group, Twitter, and a monthly newsletter. To find out more, click this link: Insecure Writer’s Support Group
The purpose of the group is
* to share and encourage.
* Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak.
* Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance.
*It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
You're invited to become a member of this supportive group. Click here to sign-up to join.
January 2 question -
What are your favorite and least favorite questions
people ask you about your writing?
I can't say I have favorite and least favorite questions from people. I'm just happy when someone asks any question about my writing because that person shows interest and could be a possible fan!.
If someone makes a comment about one of my books, usually it's to tell me they liked it or they were surprised I wrote a spicy story! The eyebrows shoot up to their scalp line and the shock on the reader's face is priceless. You can see the wheels whirring in their brain about how a woman my age and from such a conservative background could write about murder, mystery, horror, romance. LOL Others are amazed I wrote an entire novel. Many assure me they're going to write a book..someday.
I love signing books when requested, but I always wonder if I wrote something inside that the reader will cherish or think how clever. I worry about sounding foolish or trite.
After I've signed my book, I always think my handwriting could have been better. I have a horrible time writing on a level line. Somehow the words always float upward.
Do I sound insecure about book signings? Yes, I am!
What has been your experience when doing book signings?
* * *
Photo courtesy of rawpixel at Pixabay
In December 2018 I actually listed my goals for 2018. Today I am going to be honest with you and list them AND admit whether I hit the goal or not.
My Writing Goals for 2018 by J.Q. Rose RESULTS
1. Complete my memoir, Looking Through Rose-Colored Glasses (working title) Not complete, but coming along, In fact, the first chapter made the shortlist in a contest this past December.
2. Post FB Live videos on my J.Q. Rose, Author page. YES and it is so much fun!
3. Gather 150 more followers who "like" my J.Q. Rose, Author page. Nope, not even close. Any ideas on how to get more likes?
4. Install a landing page on my website to help build an email list. NO. I have tried and tried to figure this out but cannot discover how to connect the free gift to the reader.
5. Plan a blog tour and visit my hosts this winter to give away prizes and shout about my latest mystery, Terror on Sunshine Boulevard. YES and I loved hopping around cyberspace and getting to know my blog hosts and readers.
There they are in black and white. This makes me more accountable by sharing it with readers. I'm sure I'll be able to mark off these four items from the list as "Done!" by January 1, 2019. Well, at least I accomplished 2.5 of the goals.
Be sure to follow the Focused on Story Blog
so I can keep you updated on my 2019 projects!
Thanks so much for stopping in today.