|IWSG Blog Hop---the first Wednesday of every Month.|
Hello and welcome to the Insecure Writer's Support Group Blog Hop!
Always on the first Wednesday of the month.
What is the Insecure Writer's Support Group?
Founded by author Alex J. Cavanaugh, the Insecure Writer’s Support Group offers support for writers and authors alike. It provides an online database, articles and tips, a monthly blog posting, a Facebook and Instagram group, Twitter, and a monthly newsletter. To find out more, click this link: Insecure Writer’s Support Group
The purpose of the group is
* to share and encourage.
* Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak.
* Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance.
*It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
You're invited to become a member of this supportive group. Click here to sign-up to join.
Very personal indeed! My character, Lauren Staab, is me! Let me count the ways.
On Sale at Smashwords $1.50
- Yes, she is the daughter of a funeral director just like me.
- She works hard and is reliable like me.
- She eats the same food I do.
- Her condo is decorated like a home I would have if I were 35 years old again.
- The funeral home she works in is modeled after my Dad's funeral home.
- She overthinks things like I do.
- She's smart like me. (wink wink)
In fact, I had a very, very, very difficult time establishing this character because I was too up close and personal with her. When I finally separated me from Lauren and stepped back to get a different perspective of her, I was able to continue writing the book.
I have never had a problem developing a character using my imagination to conjure her up. But since she was me, I guess I couldn't get the brainstorming/creativity to flow. Have you ever had that problem when developing a character? Please leave a comment below and let us know your experience. Thank you!!
BIG NEWS FOR READERS AND WRITERS!
July1-31 2019 Smashwords is having a 75% off SALE! Check it out at Smashwords.com.
Thanks for stopping in today. To continue the blog hop, click the link below and scroll down to the list of participating bloggers! Click this link-- Insecure Writer’s Support Group
|To the US --Wishing you all a Happy and Safe Fourth of July!|